List of previous HacktionLabs
From HacktionLab: A UK-wide network tech-activists providing meet-ups, events, workshops, national skillshare gatherings and hacklabs
Revision as of 21:19, 24 November 2017 by MikeHarris
Previous HacktionLab events and activities
We have had seventeen great HacktionLabs so far, seven rural skills-share events and ten urban hacklabs. We've also been involved in bringing tech to and running workshops at a number of events:
- #17 October 20017: We ran Tech Tactics for Social Change Oxford 2017 at Oxford Hackspace on Sat 21st and Sun 22nd October 2017.
- #16 June 2017: BarnCamp 2017 - our seventh visit to Highbury Farm featuring camping, cider, anarchism and fun took place from 7th to 12th June 2017 in the Wye Valley.
- #15 December 2015: Our last gathering was HacktionLab Autumn 2015 in Hebden Bridge and Todmorden which took place on the 5th and 6th of December 2015. Go here for more details.
- #14 June 2016: The 2015 outing of BarnCamp took place in the Wye Valley on the 19th, 20th and 21st June - More information on the BarnCamp 2015 page and at the BarnCamp web site.
- #13 November 2014: HacktionLab Bradford 2014 - our forth attendance to the 1-in-12 Club - visit this page for more details.
- #12.1, 12.2: We did a talk in the Rebel Soul tent at Shambala Festival 2013 on the topic of Privacy and the Dark Side of the Net in light of the revelations by Edward Snowden. We returned to the Bristol Anarchist Bookfair on Saturday 26th April at 1pm to give an abridged and updated version of the talk. Materials are available: Click to download a handy crib sheet of useful URLs or Click to download a PDF of the slides from the talk.
- #12 June 2013: BarnCamp 2013 - the fifth summer outing took place between 7 - 9 June 2013 in the Wye Valley. More info including media from the event at this page.
- #11.1, 11.2, 11.3, 11.4: Between the May 2012 gathering and leading up to BarnCamp in 2013 we've had stalls at the London Anarchist Bookfair, Shared Planet and the Bristol Anarchist Bookfair and also attended the Movement Support Gathering and the Open Source Hardware Camp.
- #11 May 2012: HacktionLab London 2012 held at the London Action Resource Centre on 4-6 May 2012.
- #10 January 2012: HacktionLab Bradford 2012 - returning to the brilliant 1-in-12 Club for the third time, we had gathering of people from various projects, a Drupal clinic, and launched Tech Tools for Activism, a new project to provide a co-ordinated gateway into resources for activists in the UK. More on this very soon.
- #9.1, 9.2: In between times we've had stalls at the Rebellious Media Conference and the London Anarchist Bookfair.
- #9 September 2011: Hacktionlab Manchester 2011 - There was a gathering of projects involved with HacktionLab in Manchester on the 17th and 18th of September 2011.
- #8 June 2011: BarnCamp 2011 - the fourth edition of our summer outing took place between 9 - 12 June 2011 in the Wye Valley. We built upon the success of the previous year, keeping the tech turned down, but also consolidating some of the new projects that hacktionlabbers are involved in, such as Be The Media and Network23.org. This year incorporated more off-grid technology with a repeat of the Wild Food Walk, a workshop of knot making and tools for open collaboration. Here's some photos from the event.
- #7.2 May 2011: A couple of hacktionlabbers gave a talk at Bristol Anarchist Bookfair on Saturday 7th May in the Bristol Indymedia Room. There's more information on what they talked about here.
- #7.1 January 2011: We had a stall at the Network X gathering in Manchester.
- #6 June 2010: BarnCamp 2010 - the third edition of our summer outing took place between 11 - 13 June 2010 in the Wye Valley. Retitled BarnCamp we focused on a turning down the tech to make it an event accessible to all with workshops including how to forage for food, how to make a slingshot and the ubiquitous how to encrypt your life.
- #5 April 2010: The third of our city hacklabs took place in Oxford.
- #4 November 2009: The second city hacklab took place in Bradford.
- #3.2 August 2009: Camp for Climate Action 2009
- #3.1 July/August 2009: The Big Green Gathering 2009 got canceled :(
- #3 June 2009: The second rural HacktionLab event (aka BarnCamp) took place between 11 - 14 June 2009 in the Wye Valley on the Wales - England border.
- #2 October 2008: The first city hacklab took place between 24 - 25 October 2008 in Leeds. click here for more information about the event and what happened
- #1.1 August 2008: With other campers we helped to set-up the so-called media village at the Camp for Climate Action 2008 in Kingsnorth, Kent.
- #1 June 2008: The first HacktionLab event (aka BarnCamp) took place between 13 - 15 June 2008, click here to view a slide-show of photos from the weekend. There are more photos posted here and this exciting short video too.