List of previous HacktionLabs
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 09:25, 27 January 2012 by MikeHarris (Created page with "== Previous HacktionLab events and activities == We have had '''eight''' great HacktionLabs so far, four rural skills-share events and four urban ''hacklabs''. We've also been …")
Previous HacktionLab events and activities
We have had eight great HacktionLabs so far, four rural skills-share events and four urban hacklabs. We've also been involved in bringing tech to and running workshops at a number of events:
- June 2011: BarnCamp 2011 - the fourth edition of our summer outing took place between 9 - 12 June 2011 in the Wye Valley. We built upon the success of the previous year, keeping the tech turned down, but also consolidating some of the new projects that hacktionlabbers are involved in, such as Be The Media and Network23.org. This year incorporated more off-grid technology with a repeat of the Wild Food Walk, a workshop of knot making and tools for open collaboration. Here's some photos from the event.
- May 2011: A couple of hacktionlabbers gave a talk at Bristol Anarchist Bookfair on Saturday 7th May in the Bristol Indymedia Room. There's more information on what they talked about here.
- June 2010: BarnCamp 2010 - the third edition of our summer outing took place between 11 - 13 June 2010 in the Wye Valley. Retitled BarnCamp we focused on a turning down the tech to make it an event accessible to all with workshops including how to forage for food, how to make a slingshot and the ubiquitous how to encrypt your life.
- April 2010: The third of our city hacklabs took place in Oxford.
- November 2009: The second city hacklab took place in Bradford.
- August 2009: Camp for Climate Action 2009
- July/August 2009: The Big Green Gathering 2009 got canceled :(
- June 2009: The second rural HacktionLab event (aka BarnCamp) took place between 11 - 14 June 2009 in the Wye Valley on the Wales - England border.
- October 2008: The first city hacklab took place between 24 - 25 October 2008 in Leeds. click here for more information about the event and what happened
- August 2008: With other campers we helped to set-up the so-called media village at the Camp for Climate Action 2008 in Kingsnorth, Kent.
- June 2008: The first HacktionLab event (aka BarnCamp) took place between 13 - 15 June 2008, click here to view a slide-show of photos from the weekend. There are more photos posted here and this exciting short video too.