- Table of who's bring things to Barncamp 2019 - including who's taking responsibility for those things.
If you are interested in any of the following tasks please see this invaluable resource for info and ideas: https://mbharris.co.uk/articles/barncamp-a-diy-skillsharing-event/#getting-things-going
Please enter more tasks below as you think of them.
Feel free to start a wiki page for each task and break it down into subtasks - some of them are very big!
For tasks that involve making decisions, obviously very small decisions can be made by individuals or working groups but for larger ones the task involves enabling the wider group to come to a consensus
Each of these groups will take on a set of related tasks. Please join a team by adding your name at the bottom of each section
Liaise with farm
- Ascertain numbers to feed, dietary requirements
- Ensure there are enough plates, utensils etc (not single use plastic of course)
- Ensure the farm thinks of all the things, like coffee and milk etc
- straw bales
- compost toilets / pissoir
- seating & tables
- Last time there were no seats when we turned up so we had to do a costly last-minute deal with a chair-hire guy - we need to be super-certain that the farm have access to a suitable number of safe seats well in advance
- level of clutter in the barn
- requirement for firewood - Confirm with farm whether we can collect wood/firewood from surrounds?
- Liaise with farm: straw bales/seating/tables, payment, toilets, firewood?
Publicity / outreach
- wiki editing & content refresh
- update booking site blurb (mostly same as wiki)
- find social media channels / mailing lists / blogs to publicise
- Informal outreach only
- in advance and at the event...
- get people to volunteer to give workshops / talks
- optional: with wiki/digital option (d/w Publicity / outreach)
- manage timetable
- rearrange things according to what's on offer
- "produce" each day, i.e. prompt anyone who needs prompting to do something, make sure workshop spaces are equipped and ready, timekeeping
- overall facilitation and allocating new roles as required
- DIY adhoc timetabling (need open space board)
- Anyone with extensive/specific workshop requirements, discuss on list?
Bringing of stuff
People in this team should be able to get to the site with the stuff on Wednesday
Let use: Table of who's bring things to Barncamp 2019 to coordinate.
Beg, borrow or steal...
- Power distribution equipment
- 3-phase splitter
- C-type terminated 16A cabling, some long runs - Sam has 10m 16cable
- lots of 4-way extensions - Brent has a couple
- Sound system of some kind / speakers / PA
- wireless access point x 2
- long runs of ethernet cable
- Projectors & screens - Sam has projector, powerful but slightly noisy fan
- "burner" phone & SIM
- OARC marquee and a party tent
- Cooking facilities
- Cleaning facilities
- Driving a van (or two) to get the stuff to the site
- Buying anything we're missing (discuss budget/expenses with Registration Team)
- Plan & deploy power & data networks on-site
- Brent (Helper, rather than super-knowledgeable)
- Mike D
- Brie (Could help with driving in a pinch. Can't actually make the dates, but could probably be talked in to a road trip from Oxford to drop off/pick up supplies in a pinch. I don't have a van though, just a car)
Registration & Welcome desk
- Reanimate registration site
- Set start & end dates for registration
- Set prices (d/w farm liason)
- Set & keep on track budget
- Keep track of payments received
- Set up & oversee welcome process
- Laptop (and screen?) for BAMS welcome desk system
- Info board
- Registration system
- Collect payments at camp (d/w farm liason)
- Musical entertainment
- Film screenings
- fire - check wood supply with farm liaison
- booze - buy & haul cider boxes & ale casks
- borrow or blag some glasses (or biodegradable plastic) pint / half vessels from which to drink
- set up and run bar - Richard (TBC)
- provide & manage entertainments
- set noise curfew