Winter 2014 Hacklab
- Winter 2014 HacktionLab gathering
- 1 in 12 Club, 21-23 Albion Street, Bradford, BD1 2LY map
- Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th January 2014 (arriving Friday evening or Saturday morning)
- Recommended donation £10-£20 for the weekend.
- Vegan food on Saturday and Sunday is included, though we go out for dinner on Saturday night to sample a authentic Bradford curry.
If you're planning on coming and fancy letting us know of your dietary requirements, add your name to this list. To get involved in the next HacktionLab or future gatherings get in touch via the mailing list.
Please contribute gender ideas here, or bounch them around on the Mailing List.
Main session ideas
- Privacy Workshop - talk on recent events and then workshop on getting GPG, Tor, I2P, Tails, etc up and running.
- Let's hack the 1in12's web site into shape
- Left tech - there's a lot of left-behind tech kicking around at the 1in12. Is it any user? What's it for? Has someone a use for it?
- BarnCamp 2015 planning and ideas
- Add content to the new HacktionLab website (details to follow)
Are you coming?
The lovely people at the 1 in 12 club need to have a rough estimate of numbers so they buy enough carrots and other food to go round. There's a table here that you can use to reserve your carrot.
This is a draft timetable. If you don't like it, change it! However, I thought it was better to have some kind of structure within which to work. A couple of points to note are that: workshops are 1 1/4 hours (75 minutes); they can take up two slots - with a break in the middle; and, there are lots of breaks! This is to allow for socialising, networking, and over-running workshops!
Quiet night drinking (don't get too drunk - we start early on Saturday morning!)
09:30 Introduction to the weekend / Ground Rules / get wireless connection working
10:00 Introductions / What have we been up to / What are we planning on doing in the near future ?
10:45 BREAK (30 minutes)
11:15 Workshop session 1.
12:30 LUNCH (90 minutes)
14:00 Workshop 2
15:15 BREAK (30 minutes)
15:45 Workshop 3
17:00 BREAK (15 minutes)
17:15 Summary of the day / feedback session
18:00 Finish / evening activities....
10:00 Workshop 4
11:15 Break (30 minutes)
11:45 Workshop 5
13:00 LUNCH (60 minutes)
14:00 Summary / feedback / goodbye session