Talk:Tech Tactics for Social Change Oxford 2017
JULY 2017 PLANNING MEETING
Held @ Hackspace. Notes:
'Angle' for the event
- Agreed wording 'tech tactics for social change'; presented by OxHack & Hacktionlab
- Bring in wider campaign/activist groups - not just tech fetishism
Agreed to theme the event around 4 or so 'strands' which will be social issues/campaigns. All technical tools discussed should link into these strands (starting from 'why do we care' then going to 'how' with specific tactics/tools).
- Food (Sesi folks?)
- recycling, re-use
- Eg https://holistic-security.tacticaltech.org/
- Seeds for change?
- St Petersberg woman - Mike?
- Homelessness/ security in homes
- Agreed to get a catered lunch in on Sat & Sun
- ACTION: Mike & Alex to contact caterers to get a quote.
- Saturday night dinner - pub? Or in-house entertainment with food in the space? TBC.
- ACTION: Mike to ask Glynn about where is good for booking a table for 20-40 ppl.
- If having dinner in - acts/documentaries.
- If we got out for dinner - we probably won't come back.
How to promote it
- ACTION: EG & CH to look into making a separate promo web page which can be sent out to local groups
- ACTION: Vale & Lauren to look into a Meetup.com RSVP system (OxHack are already using meetup) and to share on social media
- ACTION: Vale is looking into possibility of making t-shirts
Programme for the event
- Agreed start at 9:30 for 10:30 in the morning
- Total of 10 workshop slots of 30-45 minutes with 15 min gaps in between each one (6 slots on Saturday plus 4 on Sunday due to early finish)