TTFA2 Style Guide
The Style Guide
- 1,200 for the Intro and 600 words for each chapter aka article: Make it shorter if you can and accept that some could be longer.
- Articles are self-contained in their own right, bound together by the introduction.
- Article format ought to be: user story, current practice, software solution, (optional user story)
- Articles should be introductions, without going into detailed step-by-step instructions: signposts to the information on the net.
- Articles are limited to being about software technology.
- It's a guide for people using IT for political activity
- Focus should be on helping people to approach these topics, not be dictatorial nor about scare-mongering.
- Humour and pictures should be used where possible, but not over used.
- Images should be between 200 and 300 pixels wide, get a suitable image resolution.
- Only use headers for title of the article and sub-headings.
- It will be a PDF.
- Anything we control is under CC attribution licence. Add licensing info and sources to the to article itself.
- Add URL references to the article itself using link shortners
Common Structure for Each Article
See our model article. It's been agreed that each article should have a common structure as follows:
Each article will begin with a bulleted list that summarises what the piece is about.
real life story
A real event that happened to someone.
why is this an issue & what you can do
This is the main body of the article with all the info in it.
what next (find out more & how to do it)
This section contains link and place to go to find out more.