BarnCamp 2013 roles
Roles to run a BarnCamp (work in progress)
Note: suggested number of people and the people needed to do the task, but these roles could be combined. This could be done in a different way (such as Facilities covering all equipment, including Gaffatape).
- 1 person prior to event, with some contacts of people that want to do stuff.
- 1 to 2 people up for showing films.
- 2 to 3 people to run stage on Saturday night, including 1 compare, 1 tech, 1 sound engineer.
- 2 people to manage overall event production and communication.
- 1 person to liaise with farm/site on infrastructure.
- 1 person to act as firemeister.
- 1 person to co-orinate construction of wash area and pissoirs, if not already on site.
- 1 person to organise temporary structures and get them to site.
- 1 person to organise network infrastructure for site.
- 1 person to organise electricity kit required for site.
- 1 person to be the Gaffa and know where all the kit is + assisstant.
- 1 person to manage email contact box and to manage tickets and concessions.
- 1 person to manage web sites: wiki and sign-up.
- 1 person to provide telephone comms.
- 1 person to manage Welcome Desk + 2 - 3 people to help with running and sign-ins during the event.
- 1 person to manage "Info Wall" during event.
Food and drink=
- 1 to 2 people to plan meals and purchase required food and tea and coffee.
- 1 person to organise drink for "refreshments stall"
- 3 people to run "refreshments stall" during event.
- 4 people to cook during event.
- 2 people to wash up during event.
- 1 to 2 people to manage finances before, during and after event.
- 1 to 2 people to plan workshop programme based on proposals prior to event.
- 2 - 3 people to plan workshop schedule during the event, bang gongs, do time-keeping and facilitate.
- 2 people to ensure workshop spaces have correct equipment (sound, projectors, white boards, flip-charts, paper, pens) during event.
Health & Safety
- 1 person to ensure fire safety equipment, first aid equipment and other safety equipment, such as cable tidies, cable ties are catered for.