BarnCamp 2013 organising
From HacktionLab: A UK-wide network tech-activists providing meet-ups, events, workshops, national skillshare gatherings and hacklabs
A Rough outline of organised stuff and stuff we need for BarnCamp 2013. From where or with whom is it coming... stuff in bold is unresolved...
- Toilets - compost loos built by farm + supplier loo roll
- Solar light for camping field loo - OXFORD
- Hand sanitizers for loos and water points - BRISTOL
- 2 trestle tables coming from CAMBRIDGE,
- 2 trestles to pick up from St Werburgh's CC in BRISTOL
- Some table tops in Barn + Straw bales - 40 ordered to site
- Chairs - some in farm + straw bales
- Water - running water on site
- Signs - Woodsy has these from last year - to pick up in BRISTOL
- Fire - Wood supplied by farm on-site
- Lighting - solar lights for outdoor markers - OXFORD
- Party tent - old BW Party Tent on-site - needs errecting on Wedsnesday/Thursday
- We have one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hozelock-Ltd-4140A0000-Porta-Shower/dp/B001ULCILM they cost £20 if somebody wants to get another one - OXFORD crew.
- A bucket or =>1 Gallon Jerry can to refil the shower would be cool. I reckon it will take too fills.
- Dustbin with holes + hose - now not getting due to cost??
- Pallettes - not sure if getting these?? may be on site?? << Soundsystem Phil's van to bring any he sees?
Barn/Workshop Space I
- Screen - OXFORD
- Projector + Cables - OXFORD
- Spare Projector - we ought to have a spare + cables
- Flip chart paper - OXFORD
- Flip chart stand - To pick up from Clifton BRISTOL
- White boards - coming from BRISTOL???
- WiFi - see network section
- Lights - Some lights in Barn and from OXFORD
Marquee/Workshop Space II
- Marquee - OXFORD - Wednesday afternoon
- Projector - OXFORD
- Screeen - perhaps still on site / need sheet??
- Straw bales - ordered to Site.
- Electricity - big yellow cable reel - OXFORD
- Internet - P-o-E adapters OXFORD/BRISTOL
- Lighting - OXFORD
- White board - BRISTO???
- Flip chart - Don't have one, can we make it??
- Sound system - OXFORD
- Party tent - coming from CAMBIRDGE, arriving Thursday afternoon
- Matting - on-site
- Cushions - some on site
- Paper + pens - OXFORD
- Toys??? (are bad, there's a whole dangerous world to play in out there)
- Laptop - OXFORD
- Cashbox - OXFORD
- Float - YES
- Normal run-of-the-mill traditional nice telephone - BRISTOL
- Mobile - OXFORD
- TTFA Booklets to hand out - OXFORD
- Stationary - pens, paper, etc - OXFORD
- Blutack and sticky tape - OXFORD
- 2 x long meterage 13 amp reels - OXFORD
- 12 x multigang UK adaptors - OXFORD
- A number of Euro plug multi-gang adaptors - OXFORD
- C-Form to UK adaptors - 16 & 32 amps - OXFORD
- Tool boxes: spanners, screwdrivers, screws, nails, hammers, drills, etc - BRISTOL/OXFORD
- Very long ethernet cable to link to Farm broadband - OXFORD/BRISTOL
- Network printer??
- 2 x WiFi - OXFORD/BRISTOL
- File server - OXFORD/BRISTOL
- RJ45s and crimpers?
- LTSP suite - BRISTOL
- Pint glasses - biodegradable plastic pint glasses - OXFORD
- Half-pint glassess/cups???
- Cash box - OXFORD
- Float - YES
- Beer - OXFORD+BRISTOL - 2 x 72pt Firkin + 2 x boxes
- Cider - Wednesday mission to Ross-on-Wye - 9 x 35 pt boxen
- Juices - to buy - OXFORD/BRISTOL
- Snacks?? - Mike has some Lupin Seeds.
- Lighting - in bar and OXFORD
- Mic stands, mics, leads - OXFORD
- Mixing desk - OXFORD
- Compressor - OXFORD
- Monitors - loaned - OXFORD
- Front of House - Phil - BRISTOL
- Decks - Phil - BRISTOL
- Farm kitchen used as principal
- Barn Kitchen requires
- Hobs - On-site
- Gas - On-site
- Urns - CAMBIRDGE
- Coffee makers - OXFORD
- Toasters - CAMBRIDGE
- Pots and Pans - CAMBRIDGE
- Crockery + Cutlery
- Plates, knives, forks and spoons - OXFORD
- Cups - still short on - bring yer own??
- Washing up
- Bowels + drying up racks - on-site from before
- Liquid, washing up paraphenalia, bin liners - CAMBRIDGE
- Straw bales - ordered to site
- Samovar + cups - comming with PATRICE - charcoal - Farm providing own made Charcoal
For 80 people max
- Evening meals for 3 x breakfast, 3 x lunch, 3 x dinner (Fri/Sat/Sun) for up to 80 people and 1 of each (Thurs/Mon) for half as many - CAMBRIDGE/BRISTOL
- Tea, coffee, infusions, milk-like products, jams, bread, spreads, toppings, etc - CAMBRIDGE/BRISTOL
- Food for forward crew for Thurs breakfast and lunch - To get!!!
- Juices to get
Health and Safety
- Fire extinguishers - one for barn and one for marquee - OXFORD
- Fire aid kit - OXFORD
- Fire buckets - On site
- Hand cleaning products - CAMBRIDGE
- Food storage - on site, farm kitchen / fridge
- First aiders - a number have come forward.
- Insurance - investigating....
- Web site sign-ups and email working fine.
- Phone - set-up JOHNC
- Mobile - OXFORD
- IRC - nice and secure
- Money in the bank ;)